Friday, May 04, 2007

Fit & Smoke

BusinessWeek lists Phillip Morris USA as No. 29 on its "Best Places to Launch a Career" list. The accompanying graphic shows a stylized shot of a Marlboro advertisment, presumably outside a gas station.

I wonder if enterprising new-hires of Phillip Morris would even smoke. For that matter, I wonder if middle-management with mortgages and families smoke. My guess is no. At least, not the ones inclined to be healthy. I make the assumption that Phillip Morris USA has health-inclined employees and even caters to them because, ironically, BusinessWeek notes that the nation's largest tobacco company:

"...offers on-site fitness facilities at some locations--and even concierge services."
Are the employees on the stair-stepper with Marlboro in hand? Right. That's what I thought.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites